Saturday, April 20, 2013

A little bit of me...On a Card

Ever wondered what is your 'Style'?  It's one of those things I've never really understood.  My tastes often change, things come, go, and then in time, come again.  I'm one of those people who dabble in alot of different crafts, I have the biggest collection of things which I know, someday, I'll come back to.  (That's what I tell the husband anyway..hehe).  But, not only craft, style to.

I've never really known what 'style' my craft is.  I guess it's as I get older, I can look back at what I've done as a collective, and it's then that 'my' style becomes a little more apparent.  I know the things that I enjoy working with... like lace, flowers, doilies, teddies, the soft muted dusty colours, the aged antique look.

Does this make my style, Shabby Chic/Vintage???  I'm thinking so...

Does this help me??? I'm thinking so...you see, for the last few years I've struggled with my craft, not really knowing what I like.  A big part of me wants to be a little more modern, and yet, I think my trouble is, it's just not me.  When I look back at what I've enjoyed doing its obvious it's all the one style.

I guess being the practical type of person I am, usually only having one or two things on the go at once, and ensuring my craft must have a purpose (I'm not one for making something just for the sake of it, bit sad I know), I find it difficult in deciding what to make next.  

So my latest solution...Make Cards.  It's one way I can put a little bit of ME into my craft, they are practical, I can personalise them, they don't have to be terribly expensive, and I guess if I wish I could sell them.












I've had soooo much fun this last week creating these little beauties, not sure who'll be the lucky recipients yet.  But I do feel I've found 'my" style.

XXX

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

and such a beautiful style it is too,and i love those cards you are very clever Nellie.xx

Annie said...

They're beautiful Nellie - any lucky lady would be happy to receive them.....even if they weren't her 'style'! You're very clever!

Tamsininamania said...

I love them to bits...you'll have to run a class for us...craft ya guts out girly...♡..I've found a gorgeous friend thats into stampin up...I'll tag her in your post...♡ tam.

janelle said...

I just LOVE your cards Lynnelle they are gorgeous and i have always thought you have your own style in all your craft. craft ya guts out team member.